Summary of the position
As a Client Advisor, you will be largely responsible for the success of FCM’s existing book of business and act as the day-to-day contact for plan sponsors and plan participants. With guidance from a Senior Client Advisor you will be responsible for strategizing plan initiatives including participant education, investment due diligence, and ERISA related compliance.
The Client Advisor supports the Senior Client Advisor and Vice President in managing existing clients. You will likely be tasked with preparing investment reports, running investment due diligence, planning education initiatives, and conducting education sessions. This is a client facing position so while most of your work will be back-end support, a Client Advisor must also have strong communication skills and the ability to connect and build a rapport with the clients and participants.
Recognizing this is an entry level position, FCM will help develop you as a financial professional and assist you in building a wealth of industry knowledge. You will have exposure to numerous aspects of the job including but not limited to investment analysis, compliance, participant education, and vendor relations.
“Cover letter not required. Please enter “N/A” in section below.”
- 4-Year college degree or relevant work experience
- Experience and passion for customer service
- Entrepreneurial / Self-Starter
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite products
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Series 65 FINRA license (or acquired within 90 days of start date)
- Excellent communication, analytical, and writing skills
- Experience and proficiency with public speaking
- Fluency or native Spanish a plus
- Experience with managing qualified retirement plans
- Ability to organize and maintain numerous clients at once
- Graduate degree in finance or accounting
FCM Employee Benefits:
- 401(k) plan including a 4% match
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Gym membership
- Support in education initiatives